A new supportive practice group from Sarana Institute.
Suggested program fee: $50.
As we continue through uncertain and challenging times, this program is being offered as a space for attendees to discover (or re-discover!) the basics of mindful practice. This program is suitable for any level of practice experience, and a wonderful way to practice in community with others.
It’s an opportunity to create a clearing in your busy life to pause and re-connect with what really matters. A space to rest, to be heard, and to listen deeply.
In every session, we will cover one aspect of mindful practice as a seated meditation, as an “everyday” practice, and as an engaged or relational practice with others. Topics include: Rediscovering the basic practices of mindful breath and body awareness, lovingkindness and compassion, joy and equanimity, mindful communication, and living with intention in the community.
10-Week Mindfulness Practice Group
October 6 – December 8, 2021
- 10 weekly 60-minute online (Zoom) sessions with Andrea Taylor
- Wednesday, October 6th – Wednesday, December 8th, 7:00 – 8:00 pm ET
- Recommended $50 registration fee (If you would like to participate and cannot afford the $50 fee, we ask that you give what you can afford and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to participate in this program, we want to have you there).
10 Week Course Dates
This course runs from 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm ET for 10 weeks on the following dates:
Wednesday, October 6th
Wednesday, December 8th
What to Expect
- 10 weekly 60-minute online Zoom-based sessions with Andrea Taylor.
- Each 60 minute session will generally consist of:
- 15-minute introduction and presentation on a particular theme
- 20-minute meditation practice
- 15-minute sharing circle discussion
- 10-minute closing practice and dedication of merit
- Recordings of the introduction and the meditation practice will be made available to attendees
Our Frequently Asked Questions
Why is this program low cost?
This program has been made available at the low cost of $50 because of the support of a generous community donor.
Who is this course for?
These programs have been designed to support those in the healthcare and caregiving fields. These courses are suitable for any level of practice and are excellent for anyone who wants to kick start a daily practice.
Do I need any meditation experience?
These courses are suitable for any level of practice and are excellent for anyone who wants to kick start a daily practice.
What do I do if I need miss a live session?
All of our live sessions will be recorded and emailed to you afterwards.
What is Sarana Institute?
Sarana Institute is a Registered Canadian Charity. Our mission is to provide Mindfulness + Compassion Training to sustain our caring for self, other and the earth. We are passionate to serve our health care community, to help you sustain your caregiving in increasingly complex systems.
This introductory course is low cost thanks to the contribution of a generous community donor. We are so thankful we can continue to share this work with you.